Alcohol Rehab London & Drug Treatment In London
Overcoming an addiction problem can appear overwhelming if the individual attempts to go it alone. There is help available, and this will greatly increase the likelihood of breaking away from substance abuse for good. Achieving sobriety requires that the individual passes through a number of different stages. The first few months are usually the most challenging, and this is when the person will usually need the most help. One of the best places that they will be able to get this help will be in alcohol and drug addiction centres.
What Happens in Drug and Alcohol Rehab
There are many rehab facilities spread around London, and what happens in these addiction treatment centres does vary in regards to what is provided. Each of these places will have their own ethos of recovery, but they will tend to share certain fundamental principles such as:
- The individual has the ability to break away from their addiction.
- The job of the alcohol and drug addiction centres is to empower the individual to take charge of their own recovery.
- This person will benefit from a protected and nurturing environment during their early weeks of sober living.
- A multidisciplinary team of dedicated professionals will be able to help the individual by providing them with the resources they need.
- It is vital that the individual is adequately prepared for their return to the community.
- The person in alcohol and drug treatment centres will need to develop certain skills during their stay.
The Type of Treatment Available in Rehab
Their are several types of treatments available for rehab in London including:
- 12 Step work
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Group therapy
- One to one therapy
- Regular sessions with a key worker
- Skills workshops
- Holistic treatments
- Relapse prevention
- Group activities