Before reading this list, it is important to remember that there may be perfectly legitimate explanations for possession of some of these items. Therefore, if you are unsure, it is a good idea to call us and discuss it further before making any assumptions or accusations.
• Cigarette lighters, matches and candles (especially if the person is a non-smoker).
• Knives, metal foil, drink cans and bottle tops discoloured by heat.
• Funnels, outer covers off matchboxes and large straws.
• Stone, clay, wooden, metal, glass or ceramic stemmed pipes (chillums).
• High tech metal pipes ranging in appearance from rather thick credit cards to finger sized cylinders.
• Home-made hubble bubble pipes (bongs) and similar devices.
• Large cigarette rolling papers and short cardboard tubes (roaches).
• Cigarette rolling paper packets with pieces torn from them.
• Razor blades, modelling knives and scalpel blades.
• Cigarette filters and cotton wool.
• Spoons discoloured by heat, often with a bent stem.
• Lemon juice, vinegar, ascorbic acid and citric acid.
• Tourniquets, syringes, needles, swabs, filters and water or drug ampoules.
• Folded 5cm squares of paper (wraps or deals).
• Coloured powders and sets of scales.
• Lighter fuel, lighter gas, hair sprays, spray deodorants, solvent glues, spray polishes, correcting fluids and dry-cleaning fluid.
• Plastic bags, crisp packets, drinks cans and clothing that smell of solvents.
• Use of strongly scented products, tablets, capsules and a dried plant material.
• Very small often dried mushrooms.
• Very small stamp-like paper squares with colour motifs printed on them (trips or tabs).
From: Understanding Street Drugs, 2nd Edition. David Emmett and Graham Nice.
If you need advice about and drug addiction or to find out how to get treatment, contact us today on freephone 0800 44 88 688 or text HELP to 66777.
Latest posts (see all)
- How to Get Drug Addiction Treatment - November 1, 2017
- Prince William Asks Whether Britain Should Legalise Drugs - September 22, 2017
- Quick Guide: Why Does Drug Addiction Occur? - July 27, 2017