Detox centres have a duty to their patients – to offer them the best treatment options possible. Their only function is to lay the foundations for people to create better futures for themselves. But before this future is created it’s important to throw off the shackles of an addictive past. Wiltshire drug and alcohol rehab gives patients the chance to experience complete drug and alcohol treatment. Here are the main things which make up the process.
Withdrawal symptoms are experienced by all residents inside drug clinics, regardless of how severe their addictions are. They are the manifestations of the body fighting back against the sudden withdrawal of these dangerous substances. Detox centres will eliminate these symptoms through a variety of different forms:
- The most basic form of treatment is to simply allow them to go cold turkey without any additional input. Trained staff members will always keep an eye on them to make sure they are healthy and are not taking a turn for the worst.
- More severe addictions differ in drug and alcohol rehab because specific medications are used to help people cope. They take the dependencies away from the individual until they can cope without these medications.
- Creative classes offer distractions for people. These are implemented later on and help to cope with cravings. Furthermore, the skills learned within drug and alcohol treatment can be taken into the real world to aid people in distracting themselves from their cravings.
Featured Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Detox Treatment Centres
There’s more to drug clinics than removing the effects of withdrawal symptoms. In fact, this is just the beginning of the process. Through removing these obstacles it allows patients to put their full concentration into the endeavour of cleaning themselves up. These are the ways in which people cure themselves within these Wiltshire clinics:
- Each resident has a support web created for them through regular group sessions. Patients come together and share their experiences of rehab. By being able to share their experiences they can better relate to each other and feel more supported in the future when times get tough.
- Individual counselling is the centre of what rehabilitation is. Trained substance abuse counsellors speak to patients about their issues in a confidential environment. Nobody has to reveal anything they don’t want to reveal, but they are encouraged to nonetheless.
- As already mentioned, a variety of additional courses are offered to all residents. They can include anything from life skills classes to art classes and involve patients learning something new. These skills can be used to indulge in new hobbies, or they can be used to help people find work in the future.
Always With You
Removing all forms of support in mere minutes is not the way to help people cure themselves of their addictions. Wiltshire clinics offer aftercare programs where the above support mechanisms can be offered to people in the months after leaving residential rehab; although it should be noted the type of aftercare will differ depending on the specific facility. We offer dedicated local treatment across Wiltshire including Salisbury, Chippenham, Devizes, Marlborough, Swindon, Trowbridge, and Warminster.