Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centres in Tyne & Wear
The need for drug and alcohol rehab in Tyne & Wear is very real. People from all walks of life are struggling with substance abuse issues. They come to us looking for professional help by way of comprehensive treatment programmes provided by residential clinics and other organisations.
What brings you to the Addiction Helper website? Most of our clients are substance abusers who have finally reached the point of having had enough. They are looking for us to connect them with alcohol or drug rehab in Tyne & Wear. But there are others who contact us on behalf of a family member or friend. They want to know what they can do to help a loved one.
Regardless of your situation, we understand that you may not fully appreciate what constitutes a substance abuse problem serious enough to require professional treatment. In this article, we will lay out the signs and symptoms to look for as well as the basic options for treatment.
Please do not hesitate to contact Addiction Helper if you are at all concerned that you or a loved one needs rehab. This is why we are here. We will do whatever we can within the scope of our mission to make sure that you or your loved one gets the necessary treatment.
What to Search for When Looking for Rehab in Tyne and Wear
Drug and alcohol rehab in Tyne & Wear has advanced over the years to the point that we can now look for specific signs and symptoms indicating a serious problem. Those signs and symptoms are slightly different depending on one’s perspective.
If you are concerned about your own drug or alcohol use, examine your life for the following signs:
- You find yourself obsessed over drinking or using drugs
- You constantly worry about having enough drugs or alcohol in the house
- You hide drugs or alcohol around the house
- You spend excessive amounts of money on your habit
- Friends and family members frequently approach you about your use
- You find yourself gradually becoming more socially isolated
- You’re having trouble at work or school because of your habit
- You find you need to increase the amount you use in order to feel good.
Some drug addicts and alcoholics are very good at covering up the physical symptoms of substance abuse. That doesn’t mean their addictions are completely hidden. If you are concerned about a family member or friend, you might recognise some of the following signs:
- Unexplained financial problems
- Increased social isolation
- Regular, unexplained illnesses
- An unwillingness to spend time with family
- Increased tendencies toward reckless behaviour
- Regularly missing work or school
- Stealing from family members or friends
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Unexplained sleeping problems.
Obviously, none of these signs and symptoms indicates addiction in and of itself. But if several are present, there’s a good chance the person in question is either already addicted or well on his/her way to being so.
No Time to Waste: Rehab Centres in Tyne & Wear Are Available
Let’s assume you or your loved one exhibits most of the signs and symptoms listed above. What does that mean? It means that the likelihood of professional help being necessary is very high. All the signs and symptoms indicate a substance abuse problem serious enough to qualify as clinical addiction. And once we’re talking addiction, we are talking about a situation that is nearly impossible to overcome without professional treatment.
Drug and alcohol rehab in Tyne & Wear exists for people exhibiting the signs of addiction. It is designed to help addicts overcome both physical and psychological dependence in order to take their lives back from drugs or alcohol. So don’t wait. If you recognise the signs and symptoms listed above, contact us at Addiction Helper right away. You will be better off for not waiting.