Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centres in Newmarket
It used to be that drug and alcohol rehab in Newmarket was virtually the same for everyone who was admitted to a programme. The same kinds of counselling therapies would be used while everyone needing detox would go through an identical treatment process. Fortunately, we have since learned that this sort of approach does not work as well as we once thought it did. We have now come to the conclusion that tailoring rehab to individual needs is a much better way to treat patients.
The modern concept of alcohol and drug rehab is based on the principle of working from bespoke treatment plans. When a client is admitted to a residential rehab facility, the first thing that takes place is a comprehensive medical and psychological assessment. Medical staff and therapists use the assessment to determine patient need. From there, a bespoke treatment plan is developed and implemented.
Tailoring treatment to individual patients allows for the greatest flexibility and the largest number of treatment options, thereby increasing the chances of long-term success. And because that’s what rehab is all about, anything we can do to ensure clients maintain permanent sobriety is worth doing.
Why Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Newmarket?
You may be a resident of the town wondering why we offer assistance in your local area rather than focusing only on major metropolitan regions. Well, there are a couple of reasons. First, substance abuse and addiction are not problems limited to places like London, Glasgow and Manchester. Even the smallest towns and villages in the UK deal with substance abuse to one extent or another. Newmarket is no exception.
Second, we have found people with substance abuse issues are more likely to accept treatment if it can be accessed locally. By focusing on rehab in Newmarket, we are giving our clients the opportunity to be treated for substance abuse without having to travel halfway across the country to do so.
Our clients are still welcome to avail themselves of treatment that might be hundreds of miles away, but it’s not required. There are both public and private facilities available within a reasonable distance of just about every village, town and city in the UK. It is a matter of finding what’s right for the client.
Featured Newmarket Alcohol & Drug Detox Treatment Centres
How Prevalent Is Tailored Rehab in Newmarket?
Despite the town’s rather modest population, a tailored approach to rehab in the local area is actually quite common. It really boils down to the fact that bespoke treatments are now the norm for drug and alcohol treatment.
To give you an idea of just how customised treatment can be, consider these five options for detox:
- Outpatient Medicated – Detox is managed at a day clinic with the use of prescription medications
- Outpatient Non-medicated – The same as above but without prescription medications
- Inpatient Medicated – Detox is conducted at a residential clinic with prescription medications
- Inpatient Non-medicated – The same as above but without prescription medications
- Home-Based – Detox is managed at home by a registered nurse, usually with prescription medications.
You can see that with just the first step of drug and alcohol rehab in Newmarket, there are five different choices to work with. Medical professionals can tailor each one of the options to the needs of their patients. Once detox is complete, there are a tremendous number of choices for rehabilitative therapy, all of which can be conducted either on an outpatient or inpatient basis:
- CBT – Cognitive behavioural therapy is a counselling therapy that seeks to establish goals that can be worked through in 12 to 15 weeks. It is one of the most successful counselling therapies for drug and alcohol rehab.
- Group Support – Group support meetings and counselling sessions are used to treat drug and alcohol abusers collectively. Where appropriate, this collective approach can help encourage accountability within a group of patients.
- Diet and Nutrition Counselling – Clinics can use diet and nutritional counselling to introduce patients to the concepts of healthy living. Incorporating cooking into diet and nutrition provides interested clients with a new hobby that can fill the void left by drugs and alcohol.
- Art, Music, Drama – Rehab clinics that utilise art, music and drama do so to give their patients a means of creative Sometimes this is the one way to get at deep-seated emotional issues.
These four therapy options just barely scratch the surface of what we now have available to us. Residential rehab excels in the area of tailored treatment because the residential model allows for greater flexibility. Therapists in the residential environment can pick and choose from an extensive list of therapies in order to create dynamic and effective treatment plans for each patient.
How Can I Learn More About Drug Rehab in Newmarket?
Hopefully, what you have learned by reading this article has helped you to understand why tailored rehab in Newmarket is preferred over the static, inflexible treatments of the past. Hopefully, you are also ready to seek help for yourself or a loved one struggling with drugs or alcohol. If so, we want to encourage you to contact our 24-hour helpline right away. Our helpline is staffed by trained and caring counsellors who are 100% committed to the full and complete recovery of every client we serve.
Our priority is to connect you with a drug or alcohol rehab that is suited to your requirements. We have no interest in pointing you in the direction of a treatment facility or programme that will not work for you. Therefore, one of the first things we will do is conduct a comprehensive assessment of your situation. That assessment will tell us how to proceed in terms of recommending treatments and facilities.
If you are serious about undergoing rehab in Newmarket, do something about it by contacting us. We are an independent referral organisation with access to private clinics and other service providers in your area and beyond.
We offer dedicated local treatment across Suffolk including Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Bungay, Felixstowe, Haverhill, Lowestoft, Stowmarket, Kesgrave and Sudbury.