Looking for Help with Addiction in Harringay
People with addictions have a serious decision to make. Do they struggle on with their addiction alone, or do they try to get help from a recognized rehab centre. By attending an inpatient rehab centre, the individual will stand a much better chance of stopping the bad habits and returning to a better and healthier lifestyle. Those who have addiction problems in Harringay have a much better choice than most as they can call us on 0800 024 1475 where they will be able to find out more.
Choosing a Rehab
Rehab and treatment centres can all differ in some way from each other. Some of these differences are:
- With some rehab centres, detox is part of the package. Others will expect the individual to undertake some of the responsibility of getting past this stage before they enter rehab.
- Different centres will have different methods of treatment, with some, among others following the 12-step method as advocated by organisations such as AA. The result should be the same as long as the individual is committed to getting better.
- There will also be rules attached to rehab centres. Some will only want to treat single sex groups while others may not want to take people under 18. There are some, too, that will not deal with a dual problem such as depression and an alcohol abuse issue.
- One of the main differences between rehabs is the fact that some are inpatient facilities, while others are strictly outpatient. Most people agree that the inpatient facilities are better since they are more involved and better suited to those who need a complete break away from their normal routine.
- Rehabs also differ in size, with some being small and homely while others are larger and more upscale. The smaller ones tend to be more intensive in their treatment regimes, but the larger ones usually have better resources and also offer more companionship in terms of other patients to support the treatment.
- There are luxury rehabs available these days that have, among other things, single rooms and TV’s. Some will even have fitness rooms available to aid recovery to a better life. The smaller and more economic rehabs will expect two people to share a room, for example, and will want the residents to undertake their own housework and cooking duties.
- For those people who want to be private or just want to get away, there are foreign rehabs that offer all the same services as those in Harringay but at often cheaper prices.