What remains of Humberside are little more than memories of a ceremonial county that was politically abolished in 1996. Yet the land that made up the county still survives, along with the thousands of residents who live there. The beautiful coastline and interior countryside are as beautiful as they have ever been. Maybe you are unable to fully enjoy this lovely area of England due to a struggle with alcohol, drugs, or compulsive behaviour. If so, we want to help.
Unfortunately, substance abuse and addiction do not discriminate. Anyone can find him/herself in the throes of a troubling problem without understanding what is happening until it is too late. The power of addiction is such that when a person is fully hooked, regaining control is almost impossible without professional help. Perhaps you are visiting our website because you are experiencing this first-hand.
The first thing we can do for you is reassure you that you are not alone. We have helped countless others in similar situations take their lives back by connecting them with a rehab centre. As a referral organisation, Addiction Helper works with treatment providers all across the UK. We can connect you with a private rehab facility, a local charity, professional counsellors, and even NHS-based services. There are enough choices that we can surely find an appropriate treatment for you.
Why You Need Treatment
It has been our experience that most substance abusers and addicts do not fully understand the seriousness of their situations or their need for treatment. We have heard more times than we can count, “I can stop if I want to.” However, the truth is that it is not that easy. Here are five reasons you need treatment if you are suffering from addiction:
- Medical Emergency – Attempting to ‘just quit’ on your own could be dangerous. Detox and withdrawal are considered medical emergencies because of the long list of things that could go wrong. This is why we recommend addicts never attempt to go through withdrawal outside of professional, medical supervision.
- Withdrawal Symptoms – Getting off drugs or alcohol involves withdrawal symptoms that can be challenging to go through. It is common for drug and alcohol abusers to stop withdrawal prematurely and go back to using because they cannot deal with the symptoms. Professional treatment eases withdrawal symptoms and increases your chances of success.
- Relationships – The person who continues abusing drugs or alcohol long enough does irreparable harm to personal relationships. We cannot tell you how many people we have talked to who have expressed regret over losing a spouse or children to addiction. In the end, sacrificing relationships just to get high is not worth it.
- Finances – Addiction destroys finances as much as it does family. And what happens when you run out of money to pay for drugs? You might turn to crime. Trying to pay for your addiction could land you in prison for a very long time.
- Long-Term Health – Lastly, you are jeopardising your long-term health and well-being every day you go without treatment. Substance abuse wreaks havoc on the body. Right now, you could be destroying your heart, liver, lungs, and brain. If you do not get help, you may even kill yourself by drinking and taking drugs.
No good can come from substance abuse and addiction. Yet plenty of good can result from getting effective treatment. Please let us help connect you with a private rehab clinic or counsellor in your area. The sooner you do, the better off you will be.