Drug & Alcohol Rehab Centres in Heywood
There are a lot of reasons a client might reach out to us for help but ultimately decide not to undergo drug rehab in Heywood. One of those reasons is fear. Drug and alcohol abusers are often afraid of what a typical day in rehab is like, many of them because they have heard unpleasant stories from others. Some of our clients are just fearful in general. Anything that is unknown is something they do not want to deal with.
Addiction Helper is acutely aware of how big a role fear plays in influencing those who need drug or alcohol rehab in Heywood. Our counsellors are trained in appropriate strategies to alleviate fear by answering questions and explaining all the details of life at a residential rehab facility.
We urge you not to let your fear of rehab prevent you from learning more about the process. You can reach us anytime on our 24-hour helpline for more information. We promise that your call is important to us; we promise that we will take the time to answer all your questions so as to set your mind at ease. We want you to be completely comfortable about any decision to seek treatment for yourself or a loved one.
Residential Rehab in Heywood: Living at the Facility
What sets residential rehab in the town apart from its outpatient alternatives is the inpatient model. In other words, residential treatment is so named because patients spend the duration of their treatments residing at the rehab facility. They sleep there; they cook and eat their meals there; they undergo all their treatments on-site as well. Residential treatment is an all-in-one solution, so to speak.
Living at a residential drug or alcohol treatment centre has its ups and downs. Accommodations are more than adequate and, in some cases, exceptionally comfortable. Facilities can offer everything from shared to semi-private to private rooms along with an extensive list of amenities that can include everything from exercise facilities to swimming pools.
Daily life inside a residential treatment centre depends a lot on the individual facilities themselves. But the one thing we can say about all of them is this: helping patients conquer their drug or alcohol problems is the priority regardless of the level of accommodations and amenities.
Residential Rehab Is Structured
Above and beyond accommodations and amenities is a matter of structure. You could make the argument that structure is one of the most significant driving forces that makes residential rehab in Heywood a better option than outpatient treatment.
Residential rehab is structured to create an optimal environment for dealing with substance abuse issues. Facility operators and staff depend on structure to guide patients through their various treatments on any given day. And while structure is not so rigid as to be excessively confining, adhering to any structure that does exist makes recovering from drugs and alcohol a lot easier.
Drug Rehab in Heywood: A Typical Day
A typical day in drug rehab is determined by what stage of rehab a client is in. For example, the first stage is detox. Detox from most drugs lasts anywhere from 5 to 10 days for most people. Not much happens during this time other than gradually withdrawing from the effects of drug use.
During detox, patients are monitored around the clock for medical complications. That means a registered nurse routinely checks on patients to see how things are going. Where prescription medications are appropriate, these are administered as well. Patients are kept as comfortable as possible until withdrawal is complete. At that point, they move into the rehab stage.
A typical day in the rehab stage involves several different therapies that can be offered in any particular order. Patients will usually undergo:
- One-On-One Counselling – Individual counselling on a one-on-one basis is a daily part of rehab therapy. The patient may undergo a CBT session in the morning and then another, less structured session in the afternoon. Note that there are different counselling strategies therapists can employ based on need.
- Group Sessions – A typical day in rehab also includes some sort of group session in which all the residents are brought together to talk, share their concerns, ask questions, etc. The group sessions in residential rehab setting are like the kinds of meetings one might experience in an AA or NA group.
- Personal Time – The typical rehab in Heywood allows for personal time during the day. The intent here is to use personal time to reflect and work through the lessons learned during counselling. A patient may choose to take a long walk and think, or sit and talk with another patient.
- Exercise Time – Though not every rehab facility encourages exercise time, most do. Exercise helps to improve health and introduce patients to the concept of developing a healthy lifestyle.
- Meal Preparation – A typical residential rehab facility brings residents together in the evening to prepare and eat a meal together. This is very valuable time that strengthens relationships and adds to the purpose of recovery.
Residential rehab clinics structure their days around the kinds of therapies and services they offer. Therefore, it is not possible for us to come up with an hour-by-hour schedule that every facility would follow. The five things listed here are offered as general guidelines for what you might expect when undergoing alcohol or drug rehab in Heywood.