Addiction Problems in Essex
There are a significant number of people dealing with addiction problems in the Essex area. This is a condition that wrecks lives – not only for the individual but also for those who are dependent on them and love them. Unless the person is able to break away from the substance abuse it can mean a death sentence. It is therefore vital that the individual makes use of whatever recovery resource will help them end the addiction. In many instances it will also be necessary for drug and alcoholics support for families to help each member of this unit to get over the trauma of living with an addict.
Good Reasons to Choose Addiction Help in Essex
Even if the individual feels convinced that they can manage the addiction alone there are still good reasons for them to choose addiction help including:
- In many instances the individual who is convinced that they can break the addiction without help will struggle to do so. Those individuals who have tried before on their own and failed should consider a different approach this time.
- If the individual is serious about ending the addiction it makes sense that they should try to benefit from the best possible resources because this will increase their chances of being successful.
- Most people will be able to stop drinking and drug using without any help, but the real problem is for them to stay sober long term. This is where addiction resources such as rehab and recovery fellowships can make a real difference.
- Those people who have been addicted to alcohol and drugs for many years will be at risk of severe withdrawal symptoms. In some cases they may even be at risk of delirium tremens which could prove fatal. It is therefore safer that the individual has their withdrawals medically supervised. This can happen if they enter a detox clinic. The other benefit of doing this is that they individual will have access to treatments that will make their symptoms easier to deal with.
- When people give up alcohol or drugs they will often also be losing their social support network of drinking and drug using friends. Loneliness is a common relapse trigger, but if the individual joins a support group they will have the opportunity of making new sober friends. This type of network can be extremely important in the months and years ahead. Sobriety can be a lonely business when people go it solo.
- Ending and addiction is not just about giving up alcohol or drugs but living a life worth living. If the individual only stops the addiction they may find that life is not very rewarding. This is because they need to take further steps to get the most out of life. Once the individual has the tools to help them cope better they will be able to live their dreams in recovery.
There are plenty of good reasons for why people in Essex should consider Addiction help so this should not be something that people dismiss out of hand.
Featured Essex Alcohol & Drug Detox Treatment Centres
The Rehab Solution for Addiction Problems
One of the most effective ways to end an addiction problem will be for the individual to enter alcohol and drug rehabilitation centres. The benefits of choosing this particular option will include:
- Most rehab facilities also act as detox centres, and this means that they will be able to help the individual make it through this process. Those people who have been using alcohol or drugs for many years may be at risk of a particularly severe form of withdrawals that could potentially become life threatening. It is therefore better for this process to be medically supervised. Another benefit of going through withdrawals in rehab is that there will be treatments (e.g. pharmaceuticals) available to make the process better.
- The goal of rehab is not just to get the person to stop using alcohol or drugs, but to remove the need for these substances completely. There will be a reason for why the person turned to alcohol or drugs in the first place, and if these reasons are not dealt with, it will mean that the person will still be at risk from them. The job of rehab is to examine the driving force behind addiction and to remove this.
- It is common for people to begin their substance abuse at a young age. When people are abusing alcohol or drugs it prevents them from developing emotionally. This means that when the person becomes sober they will be emotionally immature. This will make life difficult for them as they will really struggle to deal with the ups and down of life. The person will use the excuse of their uncontrolled emotions as a justification for relapse. Rehab is able to fast track the person through emotional development so that they are then ready to deal with reality.
- Giving up addiction can be difficult at home because the individual will be surrounded by temptation and their usual day to day stresses. By entering rehab the individual will be protected from these temptations, and they will not have to deal with things like work commitments and family responsibilities. When people are in this type of facility their only job is to focus fully on getting better.
- It is usual for people to have periods in early recovery where they feel weak and vulnerable – these are the times when they are most likely to return to alcohol or drug abuse. By entering a rehab facility the individual will be supported through these bad times. They will be surrounded not only by addiction specialists but also other people who are on a similar path to them.
- These rehabs provide a therapeutic environment. This means that the person’s motivation will be magnified thus increasing the likelihood that they will escape addiction.
12 Step Help in Essex
Twelve step groups can be a great help for people trying to escape addiction, and there are plenty of these to choose from in Essex including:
- AA – Southend Thursday Meeting – Thursday 20:00 – St Albans Church, St Johns Rd, Westcliff-on-Sea, Southend
- AA – Step Meeting – Tuesday 20:00 – St Albans Church, St John’s Rd, Westcliff-on-Sea, Southend
- AA – Discussion Sunday Meeting – Sunday 16:30 – The Stables, Dukes Priory Hospital, Stump Lane, Springfield Green, Springfield, Chelmsford
- Narcotics Anonymous – Chelmsford Meeting – Sunday 19:00 – Dukes Priory Hospital, Stump Lane, Chelmsford
We offer dedicated local treatment across Essex including Chelmsford, Basildon, Brentwood, Colchester, Harlow, Romford, Southend-on-Sea, Stratford, Grays, Clacton-on-Sea, Benfleet, Braintree, Loughton, Canvey Island, Billericay, Chigwell, Epping, Halstead, Harwich, Maldon, Rayleigh, Rochford, South Ockendon, South Woodham, Stanford-le-Hope, Waltham Abbey, Witham, and Wickford.