Every morning there are drug and alcohol abusers who wake up and wonder what the future holds. They know they are in trouble, but they do not know what to do about it. Moreover, they know that the future looks bleak if they do not get some help. If this sounds like you, we invite you to call our 24-hour addiction recovery helpline. Caring and compassionate counsellors are standing by to speak with you.
Substance abuse and addiction in Yaxley is just as common as it is anywhere else. The fact is that small town life does not protect one from the dangers of drugs and alcohol. Where the opportunity exists, people will find it. That’s why it is so important for organisations like Addiction Helper to continue the work we are now carrying out.
Our primary function is to work with addicts and their families seeking to find treatment for alcohol, drugs, or behavioural addictions. We assist substance abusers in Yaxley by providing them with free and confidential assessments followed by treatment recommendations and information. It is our goal to make sure everyone who contacts us is helped in one way or another.
Stinking Thinking Syndrome Explained
Stinking thinking syndrome is a type of negative attitude that prevents people from making progress in recovery (or in life). The most common symptoms of this syndrome would include:
- The individual feels very pessimistic about the future. They believe that no matter what they do things are going to turn out bad.
- The person doubts their own ability to change. They may even hold onto the false belief that change in humans is not really possible.
- The individual will be prone to negativity. Even when things are going well for them they will be able to find things to complain and worry about.
- These people expect things to go wrong and they are skilled at creating self fulfilling prophecies.
- This person will be cynical about most things, and they may find it hard to trust anyone in the recovery community.
- This individual will spend a great deal of their time focused on the faults of other people. It is like they get comfort from this somehow.
What You Can Expect
Alcohol and drug treatment in Yaxley is made possible by private rehab clinics, charities, support groups and the NHS. Our job is to help you decide which one is best for you. So when you call our helpline, expect to be asked some basic questions that will assist our counsellor in assessing your situation. We need you to be honest if we are to properly serve you. We hope you understand that.
Upon completion of the initial assessment, our counsellor will walk you through all of your treatment options. You then have the opportunity to choose whatever option is best suited to you. If necessary, Addiction Helper can assist you in making admission arrangements to a private clinic. Our counsellor will even follow up to see how you are doing throughout your treatment.