Rehab Clinics in Spain
Get Help for Addiction Problems in Spain
If you are considering travelling to Spain for addiction treatment or you are an expat (or Spanish national) looking for English speaking rehab programmes, then we will be able to help. There are a number of suitable facilities in Spain worth considering, and there are people from all around the globe who travel here for help. If you are interested in learning more about your rehab options in Spain you can contact us right away on 0800 140 4825 (+44 203 1511488 if you are outside the UK) and we will be happy to assist in any way we can.
How to Choose a Treatment Programme in Spain
There are a number of things that you will need to consider when choosing a treatment programme in Spain, including:
• There are only a select number of facilities that offer English-speaking programmes. We will be able to tell you about which ones are going to be appropriate for English speakers. Even if you speak some Spanish, it is still usually preferable to undergo treatment in the language you are most familiar with.
• Each of these programmes has an underlying philosophy, and this will determine the structure of the programme. For example, those rehabs that are influenced by the Minnesota Model will have a programme that involves a good deal of 12 Step work.
• The duration of the programme.
• The availability of an aftercare programme. This may be of particular importance to those who are returning to the UK once they complete rehab. If it is a 12 Step programme then a good option for aftercare might be the fellowship meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
• The ability of the facility to offer detox. Some rehabs are only second stage, and this means that they expect that clients will have already passed through the withdrawal stage before they arrive.
• The level of luxury and comfort in the rehab. For example, if you are travelling there during the hot summer months you will want to make sure there is some air conditioning in your room. Some people will also be keen to have their own private room, and this may be possible in some rehabs – although some discourage it because there is the risk that the client will isolate.
The above are just some of the things you should be considering when choosing a rehab. You can check the available facilities offering English programmes by using the search button above or browsing our highlighted facilities below.