Living in Egypt with an Addiction Problem
If you are an expat (or English speaker) living in Egypt and you have an alcohol or drug problem, you may feel like you have no choice but to deal with the issue alone. There are not many resources available in Egypt for those who are dealing with addiction, and expats might worry that if they admitted to having this type of problem, it would cause difficulties for them. This means that the individual ends up trying to control the problem alone, but this is usually not successful. In order to really break free of addiction, the person will often need the help of some type of addiction programme. The good news is that there are options available for people living in Egypt, but it will usually mean going to another country for the treatment they need. If this is an option that you are willing to consider you can contact us here on +44 203 1511488, and we will be able to discuss your options. This service is completely confidential.
The Need for Rehab in Order to Break Away from Addiction
The fact that reputable English speaking rehabs are not readily available in Egypt will mean that those who are dealing with addiction problems will try to go it alone. Some people do seem to be able to give up alcohol or drugs without help, but it can be a real struggle for many of those who are dealing with substance abuse. The person may be able to stop the behaviour for a few weeks or months, but the real problem isn’t stopping but in staying stopped. The reasons for why this can be so difficult will include:
• When people stop using alcohol or drugs they will usually, in many ways, be back where they were before they started the behaviour. This means that the triggers that drove them to turn to substance abuse in the first place are likely to be still there. It will be these problems that will drive the person back into addiction or motivate them to turn to new maladaptive behaviours. One of the reasons for why people benefit from rehab is that they are able to tackle these underlying driving forces behind the substance abuse.
• A common reason for why people will relapse after a period of being sober is that they feel unable to cope with life. Up until this point, the individual will have been using alcohol and drugs to help them cope with life but when this is removed, they may be without any type of coping mechanism. Another of the benefits of attending rehab is that the person will have the opportunity to develop new and effective coping strategies so that they will be able to deal with life without the need for alcohol or drugs.
• Most people who try to quit alcohol or drugs will give up during the detox stage. This is because these symptoms can make the individual feel uncomfortable, and the individual knows how easy it will be for them to end their discomfort – they just have to use alcohol or drugs again. By entering a rehab with detox facilities, the individual will be supported through this tricky first stage of recovery, and this means that the chances of them reaching long-term recovery will be greatly increased.
• Dealing with addiction alone can just be too much for most people. The individual will be surrounded by all the triggers and stresses that they will use to justify the abuse. By entering rehab, the individual will be in a nurturing environment, and they will be supported in their decision to quit. During their stay they will not have to worry about their usual work and family commitments – they can just focus on getting better.
• During their stay in a treatment programme, the individual will have the opportunity to think about their future, and to make plans for this. It will be the job of the therapist to help with this, but the individual will also have the time and space to reflect on what they want from life. This means that by the time they are ready to leave rehab they should be highly motivated and ready to take on the world.
As you can see from the above there are many aspects to the treatment of addiction that come from attending rehab that might not be available to people who try to go it alone in Egypt. By entering this type of programme, the person will be giving himself or herself the best possible chance at recovery, and if they are serious about change, this will be what they want. If you want to find out more about how rehab might benefit you then please contact us right now, and we will be happy to discuss this with you or suggest other viable options.
Find an Addiction Rehab Outside of Egypt
Medical tourism is now very common as people find that they have more options, and can get high quality treatments more cheaply, by travelling abroad. We will be able to suggest plenty of reputable addiction treatment centres within easy reach of Egypt by airplane. We have great expertise in this area and we will be able to suggest something that suits your exact needs.
Even with the power of the internet, it can be difficult for people in one country to assess what is available in another country. Gathering sufficient information in order to make an informed choice can be time consuming, and some people will fall into the trap of using the search for the perfect rehab as a delaying tactic to getting help. The problem with doing this is that if you wait too long the urge to give up alcohol and drugs can disappear, and there is no guarantee that it will ever come back. By contacting us, we can find somewhere suitable for you right away. You are under no obligation by giving us a call, so what do you have to lose? Our team is there to answer your phone call 24 hours of day and 365 days of the year.