Alcohol and drug abuse problems exist in all parts of the UK. It is no different in Bury St Edmunds, where the lives of many people are negatively affected every single day. Substances such as illegal drugs, alcohol and prescription medication can destroy lives if they are abused. Deadly addictions to these substances can contribute to poor health, divorce, unemployment, poverty, homelessness, crime, and premature death. With that in mind, it quickly becomes clear that services such as drug and alcohol rehab in Bury St Edmunds is a necessity.
The more people who can access alcohol and drug rehab in Bury St Edmunds, the less of an impact addiction will have on the individuals who live there. Substance abuse and addiction can negatively affect entire communities as well as the economy and society as a whole. If you are struggling under the weight of addiction, please know that help is available.
Here at Addiction Helper, we work hard to ensure that more people know how and where to access rehab in Bury St Edmunds. We can provide you with vital information on the type of programmes that are available and how to access them. We will assess your situation to give you a clear picture of what your treatment needs are before recommending the various organisations in your area that can meet your requirements.
Helping You Find Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Bury St Edmunds
It is our mission to help as many individuals as possible access drug or alcohol rehab in Bury St Edmunds. While there many already accessing help for their addictions, many have failed to reach out yet.
There are so many reasons those in need of rehab may be reluctant to seek help. Accepting a diagnosis of ‘addict’ is not easy and the belief that others will judge you or look down on you may be stopping you from getting the help you need.
If you are worried that you may not be able to overcome your reliance on alcohol or drugs, we want you to know that we have already helped many people on their way to a lifetime of sobriety; we want to help you too. There are many organisations in your area offering addiction services and when you are matched to the right programme, you will have every chance of a long-term successful recovery.
We can help you find alcohol or drug rehab in Bury St Edmunds but before we can match you to a provider that will meet your needs, we need to know what those requirements are. The only way we can do this is by speaking with you and providing you with an in-depth evaluation. From this, we can create a profile of your situation and what you are dealing with.
What Are Your Options for Rehab in Bury St Edmunds
Before you get started on a programme of recovery, you will probably want to know what your options are in terms of treatment. The best way to overcome any addiction to alcohol or drugs is with a fully comprehensive recovery programme that incorporates detox, rehabilitation, and aftercare Below is a brief outline of what to expect from each:
- Detox – A detox programme will help you to break the cycle of addiction that has held you in its grip for so long. You will need to quit the substance to which you have been addicted and wait until your body eliminates any remaining chemicals that have built up after many years of abuse. Detox programmes are best completed in dedicated facilities where supervision is available from fully trained staff with experience of the process.
- Rehabilitation – Rehab programmes tend to be either inpatient or outpatient based. Inpatient programmes are typically provided by private clinics while outpatient programmes are usually provided by various organisations such as charities, local support groups and the NHS. Whatever type of programme you choose, the aim will be the same – to break the emotional and psychological addiction and give you the tools you require to move on to a substance-free life.
- Aftercare – Aftercare is vital in terms of long-term recovery, but it is often neglected by those who believe themselves to be ‘cured’ after completing a programme of rehabilitation. Unfortunately, there is no cure for addiction and sobriety must be maintained to prevent a relapse. Aftercare support is essential in terms of maintaining a long-term recovery.
What Happens During Rehab?
Rehab programmes differ based on whether they are residential or based on the day care model. They differ in how intensive they are only. With an inpatient programme, you will stay in the clinic and will spend many hours each day in treatment for your addiction. This type of programme is structured and concentrated and is the most time-consuming way to overcome addiction.
An outpatient programme takes place over a much longer period than an inpatient programme. While most inpatient programmes tend to last for around six to eight weeks, outpatient programmes can run for many months or up to a year or more.
The aim of both programmes is the same though; staff will work with the addict to help him or her to identify the root cause of the addictive behaviour before teaching various coping skills that will help to prevent a return to this type of behaviour in the future.
A variety of treatments will be used during your rehabilitation programme. Most providers of rehab in Bury St Edmunds use a bespoke treatment plan that is designed around the specific needs of the individual. This type of programme will include elements of:
- group therapy
- individual counselling
- motivational interviewing
- contingency management
- dialectic behavioural therapy
- cognitive behavioural therapy
- 12-step work
- family therapy
- relapse prevention
- life and work seminars