Detox clinics are the ultimate in helping beat an addiction. The main problem many patients encounter is they are unable to find the help they need. But with these Somerset drug abuser and alcoholic rehabilitation centres such problems are a thing of the past. The most important thing for anybody preparing to attend drug abuse and alcoholic treatment centres is to know what to expect. If they are able to understand what awaits them, there will be no shocks when they enter rehab.
Choosing a rehab facility
Drug and alcohol abuse comes in many different forms and gradients. As such, the treatment for each substance abuser needs to be slightly different and tailored to meet the specific needs of each person. Because of this, there are a number of treatment centres offering various programs and approaches to rehabilitation.
• Private clinics generally have more money at their disposal. This can lead to newer equipment and slightly better facilities. Some private rehab centres may look more like luxury hotels rather than a medical facility. The peace and tranquillity of such places in beautiful surroundings can serve as part of the rehabilitation process by showing people a different lifestyle to the one that they are used to.
• NHS rehabilitation programs. It may be possible to seek rehab for free or at a considerably lower cost. Although NHS clinics are less likely to be as luxurious as the private clinics, they are more than able to offer effective treatment in order to help people get clean.
• Step programs can be used to guide people through the various stages of rehabilitation. The first step is detox. This may be followed by discovery of the underlying problem, dealing with that and then putting practises in place to build a better future drug and alcohol free.
• Holistic methods may be used to cleanse the body, mind and soul from the toxins of harmful substances.
• There are treatment programs that are geared towards religious beliefs and ones that aren’t. The renowned AA 12 step program was originally based heavily around a belief in God, asking people to place their trust in Him. However, this was adapted to use the same steps but asking people to believe in themselves. This program is more suited to non-believers.
Featured Somerset Alcohol & Drug Detox Treatment Centres
Alcoholics Support for Families
When a loved one takes the decision to enter drug and alcoholic rehabilitation centres its understandable their families will be worried about their treatment. They needn’t worry because these facilities offer state-of-the-art treatment systems. Every need of the patient is attended to. The only thing they will have to concentrate on is getting better. Through removing them from the struggles of daily life all their focus can be concentrated onto one goal.
A major factor of drug abuse and alcoholic treatment centres are the detoxification treatments offered. Through powerful medications designed to reduce the body’s dependency on the drug. These medications can only be found within private drug and alcoholic treatment centres. Individuals shouldn’t worry about becoming addicted to these new medications because they aren’t addictive. Any addictive qualities normally present within drugs and alcohol are removed.
Over the first few days of treatment a focus will be placed on detoxification. The idea is to eliminate the problems caused by withdrawal symptoms prior to the rehabilitation stage.
Counselling is a major part of any treatment program. Rehabilitation must begin with confronting the issues which are the most sensitive. These are at the heart of an addiction and must be conquered before a better future can be created. Somerset clinics will utilise private and group counselling in an attempt to draw these things to the surface.
Group counselling will involve support from the other residents. Residents must be able to interact with each other because only by going through these issues can someone truly relate to what’s going on. These group sessions are normally quite informal and support people through their challenges.
Private counselling is entirely different. Each individual is assigned a qualified substance abuse counsellor. This counsellor will seek to delve into the psyche of the individual to unearth the issues impacting them the most. This is the most traumatic form of counselling, yet at the same time it’s also the key to creating a better future. Through being able to cope with the issues which caused the addiction in the first place patients can beat their addictions for good.
Support for the Future
Aftercare aims to maintain these support options after the period of residential rehab ends. Through localised centres where people can walk in for a few sessions a week, these support options will enable each person to stay on the straight and narrow. With support provided both during and after residential rehab the chances of achieving long term abstinence increase.
Quit Addiction not Life
The decision to go to rehab can be one of the hardest things of the whole process. To finally admit that there is a problem is a huge step forward for people. They may find that after detox, their minds are much clearer and if they submerse themselves in the counselling sessions, this can lead to them coping with the most deep-seated issues that they have been carrying.
However, there comes a point during the process where people will be drawn to drugs or alcohol again. For many people, it is when they leave the rehab centre. Old friends that they used to engage in that other lifestyle with may appear.
When this happens, the groups and sessions may help, as will contact with other people from rehab who are managing to stay clean. Going over the lessons learnt at rehab will re-enforce the need to stay sober.
Another great way of staying clean is to try to find employment as soon as possible. Working again, putting food on the table and providing a roof over their head will give substance abusers a new lease of life. The sense of independence that comes from doing these things should act as the new high. If rehab has worked, people will be able to see that there are natural joys in life that can be found every day without even a hint of drugs or alcohol.
We offer dedicated local treatment across Somerset including Taunton, Bath, Bridgwater, Glastonbury, Wells, Weston-super-Mare, Burnham on Sea, Clevedon, Frome, Keynsham, Nailsea, Portishead, and Yeovil.