Once the excruciating decision to seek help for substance abuse has been made, it is time to consider which rehab centre will be best for the addict. Certain things to consider are:
• Distance from home – This could be extremely important for families who intend to visit the patient whilst they are staying at the clinic.
• Private or NHS – Both options have brilliant outcomes. NHS rehab clinics may be cheaper for substance abusers and could even be free if they are referred by a doctor. Private detox centres can be higher end in terms of equipment and methods used along with the appearance. There are many private rehab centres that look similar to a five star hotel. This is believed to be beneficial to patients because of the calmness and tranquillity of their surroundings.
• Inpatient or outpatient – This will really depend on the assessment given when contact is made with the clinic. More severe cases of addiction will no doubt require the patient to stay on a residential basis in the clinic for a month or more. However, others may need to go to the centre a few times a week to pick up on certain aspects of their program such as therapy.
• Choice of treatments – Different centres have different treatment options. Many centres implement a kind of step program. Some of these may be centred on religion whilst others are suitable for non-believers. Others may use holistic treatments. In each case, there will be a combination of methods used to cleanse the body of toxins and give the addict the building blocks to build a new life.
Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Selkirkshire
Alcohol and drug rehab in Selkirkshire is essential for people who want to break their addiction habits. Through a combination of detoxification and alcohol drug counselling, patients are rehabilitated and trained towards achieving long term abstinence. Alcohol and drug rehabilitation will always seek to take advantage of the latest advances in technology. Private alcohol and drug rehab centres in Selkirkshire are no exception.
Advances for the Future
• The latest equipment for improving the experiences of people in rehab is offered by Selkirkshire alcohol and drug rehab centres.
• Staff members who have shown themselves to be fantastic in their roles are recruited from around the country. The idea is to ensure patients have the best treatment, whilst receiving it from people who know exactly what they are doing.
• New medications geared towards improving the detoxification process are offered to residents within alcohol and drug rehab. Alcohol and drug rehabilitation relies heavily on these medications to stop the body relying on these hazardous substances to function. As soon as they have been given the green light, they are acquired by these rehabilitation centres.
• Staff members are always looking to advance themselves by learning the latest techniques. Alcohol and drug counselling is far superior within private clinics than in the public healthcare system.
Line of Treatment
Although each resident will receive a treatment program geared towards solving their specific problems, the general line of treatment remains largely the same. Listed below are the treatment steps utilised by private rehabilitation clinics in Selkirkshire:
1. Detoxification through the latest medications will wean the body off of these dangerous substances. By cleaning the insides of the body the amount of concentration within patients is increased exponentially.
2. Group support creates a support mechanism for all residents. With people they can relate to, the chances of success increase since they no longer feel alone. Regardless of how friendly the staff members are, nobody can replicate the feeling of speaking to somebody who is going through the same issues. These tend to be the most informal sessions in rehabilitation.
3. Individual counselling where patients can speak about the issues impacting them the most. These sessions can be difficult to handle, but they are the key to curing an addiction because they reveal the source of the addiction. If the source remains unknown it’s impossible to beat the addiction. It’s about finding the trigger and learning to cope with it.
4. Additional support in the form of courses and lessons allow residents to distract themselves from the rigours of rehabilitation. As well as this, patients are given new skills to utilise when they leave rehab. They can help people find employment and give them the tools to rebuild their lives.
5. All of these things are continued in the form of aftercare. Residential rehabilitation facilities will always seek to direct their former residents to walk-in centres where all of these support mechanisms can be found. The idea behind it is to take away the support gradually to reduce the amount of shock to the individual’s system.
Why People may not Go
To everyone else rehab can seem like a glaringly obvious choice to get over an addiction and move on with life. However to an addict, rehab is a huge risk that may or not pay off and to take that risk means leaving behind the one thing that has carried them through life so far; their substance.
For many, this attitude can be confusing, especially when they see the turmoil that is being caused by a substance abusers behaviour. Yet for the person who is dealing with addiction, their substance abuse has been the both the downfall in their lives whilst also being the one thing that they believe they can rely on. Many do not have faith in themselves and they could believe that rehab won’t work for them.
It is essential that anyone who goes to rehab is ready and open minded about the work to be done there. Professionals are willing to help as much as possible but the real work has to come from the substance abuser. If the work is not put in and the addict is not yet really at a place where he or she is serious about changing, then relapse is imminent.
For many, the detox that takes place in the first few days is the first time that they have been clean in years. As the fog lifts from their mind, they feel stronger in what they are trying to achieve.
We offer dedicated local treatment across Selkirkshire including Selkirk and Galashiels.