North Lanarkshire is considered a part of the greater Glasgow area and home to many of the city’s commuter towns and villages. That makes the area not only very populous but also very busy. There is always something going on for residents to participate in. And with all that activity comes the potential for substance abuse and addiction. If you are one of the many North Lanarkshire residents struggling with alcohol or drugs, you’re not alone.
Drugs, alcohol, and behavioural addictions are destructive throughout Scotland and the UK. The key to preventing the destruction is to help those who are struggling to find corrective treatments. That’s what we do. As an organisation offering free referrals and advice, we work with those who contact us to find the most effective treatments in North Lanarkshire.
We work side-by-side with our clients to locate and access:
- inpatient and outpatient detox
- residential rehab programmes
- counselling for individuals and families
- group support services
- local drug and alcohol charities.
You should note that the services we provide are not limited only to alcohol and conventional drugs such as heroin and cocaine. We can help you find treatment for a long list of illicit drugs, prescription medications, legal highs, and behavioural addictions.
Addiction in North Lanarkshire Requires Professional Treatment
We take great pride in being able to help those who contact us. Why? Because we know that substance abuse and addiction require professional treatment to overcome. By keeping track of the various treatments available in North Lanarkshire at any given time, we are able to steer our clients to the professional services they need.
Consider the following benefits of professional treatment:
- Medical Supervision – Certain parts of drug and alcohol rehab, such as detox, for example, are considered medical emergencies. Professional treatment protects the health of the client by providing medical supervision throughout the recovery process.
- Effective Counselling – Alcohol and drug addiction is more than just a physical problem; it is also an issue that affects the mind and emotions. Professional treatment enables clients to undergo effective counselling with trained therapists who know how to address mental and emotional issues.
- Support Systems – Recovering from any sort of addiction requires a robust support system be in place. That support system begins with professional treatment. Clients are fully supported while in rehab and then directed to aftercare services that provide additional support.
- Multiple Options – Most drug and alcohol treatment centres today have abandoned the one-size-fits-all methodology in favour of utilising various treatments customised for each client. The more options available to therapists, the more likely they are to achieve success with individual patients.
As you can clearly see, getting professional help for drug and alcohol problems offers many potential benefits. If you are struggling with substance abuse or addiction, do not try to handle the problem yourself. Get in touch with us so we can connect you with trained professionals who know what it takes to beat addiction.
Helping You and Your Family
Many people in the substance-abuse community view drug, alcohol, and behavioural addictions as family problems. We agree. Even though there may be just one individual in the family engaged in addictive behaviour, that behaviour has a domino effect on every other member of the family. Substance abuse:
- destroys trust
- creates suspicion
- creates conflicts (fighting and arguing)
- encourages violence
- encourages enabling
- inhibits productivity
- destroys family happiness.
As a user of drugs or alcohol yourself, you may not realise the damage you could be doing to your family and those relationships you hold most dear. You may have no idea that your partner lies awake at night wondering if life will ever return to normal. You may have no idea that your children long for the day when mum or dad gets sober. Take our word for it, your family members struggle as much with your addiction as you do.
Professional treatment for drugs and alcohol exists to help both the individual and his or her family members. To that end, many of the private clinics we work with offer counselling opportunities for the entire family. The point is to strengthen the family unit in order to preserve relationships and help the whole family transition into a future that is free of drugs or alcohol. Studies have shown that strong families are an important factor in preventing drug and alcohol relapse.