Need for Rehab in Middlesex
If you are from Middlesex and are currently dealing with an addiction problem, you will have options. One of the things that you will definitely want to consider is entering some type of drug and alcohol rehab centre. Some people will feel resistant to such a solution for a number of reasons, but this type of solution really can be the one that is most likely to lead to the end of addiction in many cases. Here are just some of the reasons for why people in Middlesex might be resistant to recovery and why these reasons do not bare up to much scrutiny:
- Some people will believe that they have not fallen far enough into addiction to require this type of intensive treatment. The reality is that the individual who is caught in addiction is usually bad at determining the amount of help they need, and will usually grossly underestimate this. It is also the case that rehab can help people at almost all levels of addiction. There is no need for the individual to have reached a particular low level before they can benefit from this type of program.
- Another reason for why people can feel that they do not require this type of addiction help is that they believe they can end their addiction without any help. This may be true in some cases, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule. It does seem that the majority of people do need some support to end their addiction. The problem is that most substance abusers believe that they are special, and that the normal rules do not apply to them – this is often referred to as terminal uniqueness and it is a type of thinking that can get people into real trouble. Those individuals who have tried in the past to quit alone and failed really should try a different path this time.
- There will be people who are resistant to drug and alcohol rehab because they are worried about the stigma involved. This person is worried that by admitting that they need such help they will be harming their own reputation. The reality is that this is unlikely to be the case. The individual may believe that they are able to hide their addiction from most people but this is often not the case. Other people will know what is going on, but they do not want to get involved. They are certainly not going to think any less of the person for getting the type of help they need. If the individual remains trapped in addiction they are going to fall lower and lower into despair and bad behaviour. It is this that is more likely to damage their reputation and not rehab.
- Another reason for why people resist rehab is they say that they cannot spare the time or money for treatment. Addiction is a serious problem and not making the time for this treatment is the same as not making time for cancer treatment.
Featured Middlesex Alcohol & Drug Detox Treatment Centres
Benefits of Entering Rehab in Middlesex
It is not very likely that people would be willing to enter rehab unless there were some good reasons for why they should do so. The reality is that entering this type of facility can make all the difference. Those individuals who have previously tried to end their addiction but failed may find that entering rehab is the thing that makes all the difference. Some of the benefits the person may receive by choosing this option will include:
- The mere act of choosing rehab greatly increases the individual’s chance of being successful. This is because they will be making it clear that they are ready to do whatever it takes to become sober. This is a significant step in the right direction.
- It can be difficult for people to make it through the early stages of addiction withdrawal, and this is when they are most likely to relapse. This is because the person understands that their uncomfortable symptoms will end if they take alcohol or drugs – it can be very tempting. By entering rehab the individual will be protected and supported during this difficult time. This will greatly increase their chances of being ultimately successful in recovery.
- When people enter this type of facility they will be surrounded by other people who are on a common path. This means that that they will enjoy a sense of comradeship and each person will be able to support the other. The importance of this type of collective approach to addiction recovery should not be underestimated – it can make a real difference.
- The individual will have access to all the resources they need in order to build a solid recovery – all of these resources will be available under the one roof. One of the most difficult things about trying to get sober alone is getting access to the right resources. Even when these resources are available in the community the individual may not know how to access them – or that they even exist.
- The fact that the person is in rehab means that they are in a therapeutic environment. This means that everything within this environment is there to encourage them to become sober. This can greatly increase the person’s own motivation for recovery.
- The reasons for why the person fell into addiction in the first place are likely to be still there when they become sober. This means that they will be right back where they started. Unless the person has a new way for dealing with these problems, they will be tempted to relapse back to addiction. By entering rehab the individual will have the opportunity to deal with these core issues so that they never need to turn to addiction again.
12 Step Groups in Middlesex
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Altered Attitudes – Tuesday19:30 – Ealing Green Methodist Church, Ealing Green, Ealing
- Alcoholics Anonymous – How it Works – Tuesday 19:30 – Fowler Newsam Hall, Avenue Rd, Tottenham
- Narcotics Anonymous – Thursday meeting – Thursday 17:45 – Margarete Centre, St James House, 108 Hampstead Road
We offer dedicated local treatment across Middlesex including London, Brentford, Westminster, Ealing, Enfield, Harrow, Potters Bar, Staines, Twickenham.