Addiction Problems in Ealing
There are many reasons for why people can find themselves dealing with addiction problems, but the good news is that there will always be a means of escaping this. So long as the individual is suitably determined, and they are willing to make use of the appropriate resources, their success will be almost guaranteed. Those individuals who are dealing with addiction problems in Ealing will have many options and one that they will definitely want to consider will be alcohol and drug rehab.
How to Select an Appropriate Rehab
There are actually many different types of alcohol and drug rehabs. In order to have the greatest chance of success the individual will need to choose the one that is most appropriate to their needs. The types of rehab that the person will have to choose from will include:
- There are inpatient and outpatient rehabs. The benefit of the residential program is that the person will have a far more intensive experience, and they will therefore have the most chance of success. This is why people are usually advised to choose the inpatient program, but there will be situations where this just is not practical and an outpatient rehab is certainly better than nothing.
- Rehabs differ in the amount of luxury they offer to residents. It can be worth paying a bit more money if it means missing some of the avoidable discomforts of addiction treatment. For example, some individuals will be uncomfortable about sharing a room with a stranger, but they can avoid this by choosing a luxury facility.
- Some facilities will be female or male only.
- There will usually be age limits for admittance to the program – many rehabs do not accept clients under the age of 18.
- Some rehabs welcome clients who are dealing with a dual diagnosis (this means that they have a mental health problem such as depression alongside their addiction) while other rehabs do not.
- Foreign rehabs mean that the individual will have more options, and it will usually be possible to find a luxury facility for a fraction of what it would cost at home.
- One of the most important considerations when choosing a rehab is the program on offer. Many facilities will base their program on the Minnesota model (the 12 Steps as used by groups like Alcoholics Anonymous) while other rehabs will base their programme on things like cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Rehabs will differ in the length of their program.