There is always something going in Kirklees. With its bustling high street area and shopping centres as well as its location not far from the major cities of Manchester, Sheffield, and Leeds, it is a great place to be if you enjoy the hustle and bustle of Northern England. Yet even with all Kirklees has going for it, it also suffers from the same temptations found elsewhere in England. For example, alcohol and drug abuse are problems for plenty of residents. These are problems that will not go away by themselves; these are problems requiring professional help.
The good news is that help is available in Kirklees. As a referral and advice organisation, we work with treatment providers throughout Kirklees and all over the UK. We can connect you or a loved one with a private rehab clinic, counsellor, drug or alcohol charity, or other service provider offering effective treatments. Getting that help is quick and easy when you call our 24-hour helpline or contact us through this website.
Addiction Problems in Kirklees We Address
While we do not provide treatment ourselves, we do work with a range of providers in Kirklees and throughout the surrounding area. We can offer you or your loved one help with:
- alcohol abuse or dependence
- abuse or addiction to illicit drugs
- use or abuse of prescription medications
- use or abuse of legal highs
- abuse of household solvents
- problems with behavioural addictions (gambling, sex, etc.)
In addition to the problems listed above, we also offer referral services for dual diagnosis patients. This is important inasmuch as not every referral agency does. Dual diagnosis is a unique type of scenario that requires specialised training to treat properly. We partner with a number of private rehab clinics that have experienced professionals on staff.
What is a dual diagnosis? It is a scenario in which a patient has been diagnosed with both substance abuse and a mental health issue simultaneously. One may have caused the other, or both may occur coincidentally. Dual diagnosis treatment requires addressing both issues without negatively affecting one or the other.
Why You Need Help
You might be wondering why we do what we do. The answer is simple: you need help, and we want to make sure you get it. As we already mentioned, substance abuse and addiction problems will not go away by themselves. Once a person begins abusing drugs or alcohol, the chemicals in those substances alter how the mind and body work. The changes are profound enough that it is nearly impossible to overcome them without professional help.
If you are not sure whether you need help, consider the following:
- Tolerance – Tolerance is a physical condition in which your body adapts to the chemicals you put into it. If you gradually need to increase your use of drugs or alcohol in order to enjoy the same pleasurable effects, tolerance has already begun. Tolerance is that which leads to addiction; it can result in death if left untreated.
- Irreparable Damage – Drug and alcohol rehab treatment can help you break the addiction cycle so that you can go on to live a substance-free life. However, it may not be able to repair the physical damage drugs and alcohol does to your body. Therefore, mitigating the damage requires you stop using as soon as possible.
- Dependence – Dependence is a mental condition in which the addict is convinced that he or she cannot exist without drugs or alcohol. Indeed, dependence and addiction is the same thing. If drugs or alcohol control everything you do on a daily basis, you are addicted; you need professional help.
What May Happen without Help
We deal with people every day who are begging for help to overcome drug or alcohol problems. Nevertheless, we also work with some who call us for help and then decide they have changed their minds. This is always heartbreaking to us because we know what can happen when a substance abuser makes the choice to continue as-is.
If you need help and do not get it, you may suffer:
- irreparable physical and mental harm
- complete loss of hope and purpose
- loss of family relationships and friendships
- total financial collapse
- eventual and premature death.
Alcohol and drug abuse are nothing to take lightly. Even if you believe you can ‘stop anytime you want to’, we urge you to contact us and speak with one of our counsellors. Our trained personnel can walk you through your current situation and help you determine whether you need professional treatment. If not, we can set your mind at ease. If so, we can get to work right away connecting you with an appropriate treatment provider.