Who Becomes Addicted in Kincardineshire?
There is a stereotype of what type of person falls into alcohol or drug addiction, but the reality is that anyone can develop this type of behaviour. Nobody ever chooses to endure this type of suffering and when these people begin using alcohol or drugs they will have no idea about where it is all going to lead. The type of people who become addicted in Kincardineshire will include:
- People who begin relying on alcohol or drugs to help them deal with the stresses of life. The individual finds that a few drinks before bedtime helps them sleep and before they know it they are in the midst of addiction.
- Some people will fall into substance abuse after taking prescribed medication under orders from a doctor. This is particularly likely to happen with medications such as opiates. The person will have a legitimate reason for taking this medication in the beginning, but they start to take it because they like how it makes them feel. Once the doctor suspects what is happening they will cut the supply, but by then the person will be on a path to addiction.
- There are people who feel they have the right to party hard and let their hair down – the old saying that you work hard, you play hard. What this person will fail to consider is that this playing hard is leading them into addiction.
- The problem is that most humans tend to suffer from a condition known as terminal uniqueness. It is the same reason for why people are able to smoke cigarettes or engage in other unhealthy habits. The individual accepts that this activity is dangerous but only for other people. The person has an irrational believe that they are somehow exempt from the normal rules of life. It is called “terminal” uniqueness because this type of thinking gets people killed.
- Many people will fall into addiction because of peer pressure. This tends to be particularly the case with young people who can be pressured into experimenting with these substances by their friends. The person may genuinely intend to only try these substances once, but some drugs are so highly addictive that the individual is quickly hooked.
- There are some people who have a personality that makes them more prone to addictive behaviour. This would include those individuals who like to break the rules and take risks. The same personality that makes people great entrepreneurs can also put them at risk of addiction. This probably explains why there are so many high functioning addicts.
- Some people really struggle to deal with life. They may be painfully shy or they just can’t cope with the challenges of life. In the beginning alcohol and drugs can seem to be making things better for the person. An alcoholic once described the situation perfectly with the words, “alcohol gave me wings but then it took away the sky”.
Who Needs Rehab in Kincardineshire?
It will not always be obvious when people in Kincardineshire are in need of rehab. Alcohol and drug abuser often do not fit the stereotype that we associate with them. In fact the individual may be outwardly successful and respected but still be addicted to these substances. These high functioning substance abusers can be in more danger than the average user because there will be less to stop them from exiting the downward spiral of addiction. It is therefore vital that even though substance abusers in Kincardineshire who are high functioning are still able to get the help they need.