The Grampian region of Scotland is a beautiful area capped by rugged mountains and mile after mile of exquisite coastline. And even though the political boundaries that used to make up Grampian are no longer in existence, the area is still home to people who have lived there for generations. Some of these fine folks have witnessed how problems with drugs, alcohol, and compulsive behaviours have ruined the lives of fellow residents. They, like us, want to see as many people as possible taking their lives back from addiction.
Drug and alcohol problems exist in north-west Scotland just as they do across the UK. No one is immune. However, it is important to point out that treatment is easily accessible no matter where you live. Whether in north-west Scotland or along the borders, there are private rehab clinics and other treatment providers ready and waiting to help. Our primary mission at Addiction Helper is to connect those who contact us with the right treatment centres.
We hope you will consider contacting us if you need help with:
- alcohol abuse or dependence
- illicit drug use
- dependence on prescription or OTC medications
- struggles with legal high substances
- compulsive gambling, sex and other behaviours.
Addiction Helper works with an extensive list of treatment providers offering everything from outpatient detox to inpatient residential rehab. Our independence as a referral service allows us to put you in touch with the treatment programme most likely to give you the best results. Best of all, our services cost you nothing.
Recognising Your Problem
The first step in conquering substance abuse or addiction is recognising and admitting you have a problem. Addiction Helper can help you make sense of your situation by walking you through the symptoms of addiction. If it turns out your problem is only minor, we can suggest you get help from your GP, a local counsellor or a support group. If you are suffering from a full-blown addiction, we can help you locate and gain access to a residential rehab facility. With that in mind, do you:
- Find it impossible to get through the day without drinking or using drugs?
- Routinely hide drugs or alcohol around your house?
- Find yourself willing to go to great lengths to get drugs or alcohol?
- Start feeling ill when the effects of drugs or alcohol wear off?
- Regularly increase the amount of drugs or alcohol you use?
Answering ‘yes’ to any of these questions indicates you may already be addicted. These are symptoms that should not be taken lightly. Keep in mind that an addiction left untreated can eventually lead to serious health problems or even death. You may also:
- destroy relationships with your spouse and children
- lose your home, your job and all of your possessions
- turn to crime in order to pay for your habit.
The adverse effects of drug and alcohol abuse are wide-ranging and profound. Is it worth it to destroy your life just for the pleasure of getting drunk or high? If you are honest with yourself, you can see that it is not. So right now is a great time to make the decision to get help. Contact Addiction Helper right away, so we can get started.