A Guide To Alcohol And Drug Rehab In Worcestershire
There are several addiction treatment centres operating around Worcestershire county. Regardless of the severity of your addiction, you can find either free or private treatment services in the area.
However, finding the best available treatment programme, in the most ideal facility, may prove difficult for you, especially if you are uninformed concerning what to look for.
We can assist you by providing all the information and insight you need to select the best addiction treatment service for you or a loved one in Bewdley, Evesham, Pershore, or any other part of Worcestershire.
Contact our confidential advisors today for addiction treatment and/or support group options, as well as recommendations in or near Worcestershire.
Banbury Lodge is a private UKAT rehab facility based in Banbury, Oxfordshir...
- Holistic Treatment
- Eating Disorder
Liberty House Clinic is a fully furbished detox and rehabilitation facility...
At Primrose Lodge we genuinely care that our patients make a full recovery ...
Oasis Runcorn is quite unique detox and rehab unit in offering two treatmen...
- Salvation Army Building, Jerusalem Walk, The Horsefair DY10 2NP0 review
- Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 137 Madresfield Rd. WR14 2HD0 review
- Bromsgrove Methodist Centre, 19 Stratford Rd?B60 1AS0 review
- St John The Baptist Church, Wolverley. DY11 5TH0 review
- Gig-Mill Methodist Church Hall, Glebe Lane, Off South Rd. DY8 3YG0 review
- 18, St. Johns Street, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8QY0 review
- Woodrow Drive Redditch B98 7UB0 review
- 0 review
- Our Lady Queen of Peace 12 Bransford Road WR2 4EN0 review
- CAMHS Single Point of Access Wildwood West Wing,1st Floor County Hall Campus, Spetchley Road WR5 2NP0 review
- Under 18's
- Eating Disorder
- https://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/region_72.html0 review
- 0 review
- Eating Disorder Service, Hillcrest, Quinneys Lane, Worcestershire B98 7WG0 review
- Eating Disorder
- One to One
- Main hall down stairs Friends Meeting House 1 Sansome Walk WR1 1UG0 review
- St Andrews Church Lyttleton Avenue Charford B60 3JP0 review
- 0 review
- 0 review
- 71 Bridge Street, Evesham WR11 4SF0 review
- The address of this support service is private0 review
- St Paul's, Hillborough, Tarrow Hill, WR5 1DB0 review
- Stonham, 98c Blackpole Trading Estate West, WR3 8TJ.0 review
- 14 Castle House Castle Street WR1 3ZB0 review
- 109-111 Coventry Street Worcestershire DY10 2BH0 review
- Charles Hastings Way Worcester WR5 1DD0 review
- Load More
Private rehabilitation facilities are independent treatment centres designed to provide a conducive environment for recovery, as well as effective, personalised treatment plans for people who want to overcome their addiction. These rehabs run residential programmes from 28 to 90 days that are personalised to the needs of each client. You’ll get 24/7 care from start to finish with an experienced medical and therapy team.
The major benefit of private rehab is the intensity of treatment, which is comprehensive and tailored to fit each patient. Private rehab centres are also medical clinics, where you can receive (if required) a medical detox, treatment for physical and behavioural addictions along with psychiatric support.
Treatment includes a thorough assessment to determine your specific treatment needs; detoxification to remove all harmful toxins from your system; psychotherapy to treat all psychological problems, and 1yr free aftercare to help you maintain abstinence after rehab.
Pros And Cons Of Private Rehab
- Be in a safe and nurturing environment
- Medical detox with 24/7 care & support
- Overcome the root causes of addiction
- guaranteed privacy and confidentiality
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- 1 year complimentary aftercare support
Cost can be a barrier but should be weighed up versus longer term cost of addiction both financial, physical and mental
What Does Rehab Cost?
You can be quoted anywhere between £1,250 – £2,500 per week, but what will be quoted specifically to you can only be accurately determined after a careful evaluation of your condition and needs. If you’re in or near Worcestershire, and want to visit a private rehab, get in touch with us to access all the information you need, including specific costs.
NHS Addiction Treatment
NHS addiction treatment options are free of charge and can be accessed in your local community, regardless of if you live in Tenbury Wells, Worcester, or any other part of Worcestershire. So, if private rehab isn’t a viable option for you, we can help you explore and access available NHS addiction treatment options in or near Worcestershire.
Pros And Cons Of NHS Treatment
While NHS addiction treatment can be a lifesaver, you need to consider the pros and cons of this option, in order to determine if it is suitable for your, or a loved one’s, addiction recovery needs.
Pros of NHS treatment in Worcestershire include:
- The services are free
- You confidentiality is guaranteed by the law
- You can access the service in your local community, thus ensuring your convenience
Cons of NHS treatment in Worcestershire:
- There is a long waiting list which can delay your access to the treatment you need
- You may not be referred to a residential rehab
- You may not have access to your preferred therapist
- You will likely be treated by general practitioners instead of addiction specialists
- You may have to visit different clinics for different aspects of your treatment
- As an outpatient, you are exposed to stressors and triggers that may derail your recovery
- Building an outpatient support network may prove difficult
Addiction Support Groups
Addiction support groups are very beneficial to the addiction recovery process. Being part of a group will provide you with an avenue to share your personal experiences, as well as receive emotional guidance and support when needed. Support groups can also help recovering addicts with co-occurring mental conditions like depression.
Other benefits of being in a support group during recovery include:
- Being, and working, with others who are also trying to achieve long-lasting sobriety
- Learning skills to conquer cravings
- Access to emotional, and other forms of, support during trying times
- Having people to hold you accountable
A variety of support groups are active in Great Malvern, Evesham, and other parts of Worcestershire. These groups include Narcotics Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous, SMART recovery, and so on. We can help you with finding a constructive and encouraging group near you.
What is NA?
NA (Narcotics Anonymous) is a globally recognised organisation and non-profit fellowship whose aim is to assist people who are addicted to drugs in overcoming their addiction. Attendance at NA meetings is free, and people from all walks of life who are committed to addiction recovery are welcome. The meetings are designed to be ‘anonymous’ so that attendees can participate without fearing any negative repercussions.
What is AA?
AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) is also a non-profit fellowship, and is also recognised worldwide. Its aim is to assist alcoholics in beating their urge to continue abusing alcohol. AA meetings are held every day of the week, in various areas in and near Worcestershire. Attending one can be extremely beneficial to those who have completed a rehab programme, and require continued support from an understanding group of peers.
Types Of Counselling
One-to-One This is the most commonly known type of therapy. It involves a counselling session between therapist and patient in the same room. It may be held in an office, coffee shop, garden or any place where the patient feels most comfortable. Face-to-face therapy includes techniques such as motivational interviewing, simple yet effective QnA or unloading where the client releases whats been on there mind causing anxiety, fear, sadness etc… before the therapist interprets this and helps the client to uncover the root issue.
Online This includes all counselling services provided through the internet. It includes sessions via emails, Skype, and support group chat rooms such as SMART Recovery online support groups. It is easy, convenient, and promotes anonymity.
Group Involves a number of people struggling with similar issues coming together to discuss these issues openly, and in the presence of a certified counsellor. Through this process, each participant gains a deeper insight into their addiction, while providing support to others in the group at the same time.
How Can I Get To Worcestershire?
There are a number of different routes and options depending on your location.
A number of train stations that you can use to get to and from Worcestershire are spread around the county. These include Alvechurch, Barnt Green, Blakedown, Bromsgrove, Droitwich Spa, Evesham, Malvern Link, Worcester Shrub Hill, and others. The majority of these train stations are served by West Midlands Railway and Great Western Railway.
Cars are a convenient way to get around Worcestershire. If you choose to drive, you can map out your trip with the AA route mapper.