From time to time, we are asked for information regarding the top 10 rehabs in the UK. That information is nearly impossible to provide because there is no set criteria for what constitutes a top rehab centre. What’s more, rehab is not a business in the same sense as selling electronics or doing construction. Therefore, quantifiable measures to say which ones are the best are difficult to determine.
That being said, we can say the UK has a good number of high-quality rehabs offering successful programs to addicts of all kinds. Some of these facilities operate on a residential model while others provide outpatient services. Which type of facility an addict uses depends on his goals, budget, and support system.
Rehab in the UK
If you live in the UK, it is likely you will want to seek a rehab as close to home as possible. You shouldn’t have trouble finding a facility that suits you. You will find rehab available in:
- England – There are hundreds of rehab centres all over England offering residential and outpatient programs. There are some free programs from the NHS, but the best programs come from private facilities.
- Northern Ireland – The opportunities for rehabbing in Northern Ireland are a bit more limited due to inadequate government funding. However, there are some charities and less expensive outpatient programs for those who do not need residential treatment.
- Scotland – At last count, there were more than 200 agencies in Scotland able to help drug addicts find and receive the treatment they need. Not all of them are rehab centres, but several dozen are. Those that are not may be outpatient programs, counselling centres, or support groups.
- Wales – In Wales there is no shortage of quality rehabs to choose from. Like England, Wales has devoted plenty of resources to helping addicts overcome their problems. You should have no trouble finding a good facility with a little bit of effort.
Rehab around the World
Sometimes an addict prefers to seek treatment outside of the UK in order to get away from the circumstances that led to the original addiction. There are plenty of other options:
- United States – The size and economy of the US makes it a place with a high concentration of rehab centres. However, be advised that rehab for opioids – like codeine and heroin – does not achieve the best results there. US government regulation limits how opioid treatment can be offered, thus limiting success rates. Treatment for alcohol addiction, on the other hand, enjoys some of the highest success rates in the US.
- South Africa – In recent years South Africa has realised they have a growing need for drug rehab. This realisation has resulted in a number of public and private facilities opening throughout that country’s more populated regions. Many of them follow the 12-step program model of residential treatment.
- Australia – Rehab in Australia is more heavily focused on alcohol and illicit drugs. That’s primarily because alcohol abuse is so prevalent in that country. However, addicts of all kinds can seek treatment thanks to a plentiful supply of public and private rehab centres.
Regardless of the geographic location of your chosen rehab centre, the point is to get help as soon as possible. Addiction usually results in serious consequences to both the addicts and their families. Sometimes those consequences include an untimely death. If you are suffering from addiction of any kind, don’t wait. Get help today.
Latest posts (see all)
- Making Sure You Choose a Suitable Rehabilitation Clinic - June 26, 2015
- The Stages of Drug Addiction - June 5, 2015
- Addiction Support Service Loses Funding on New Years Day - December 19, 2014