Getting Help for Addiction Problems in Spain
There can be a number of reasons for why UK citizens may need to avail of addiction services in Spain. It may be due to the fact that the individual has good reasons to travel to there for rehab help. There is also a sizable expat community of people who are originally from the UK but who now reside in Spain. There are some very good rehab facilities to choose from in this country, and they generally offer a very high standard of care and service.
Good Reasons to Choose Rehab in Spain
It is relatively easy for people living in the UK to travel to Spain for addiction help. Here are some of the possible reasons for why they might want to do this:
- One of the great things about improved communications around the world, in particular the internet, is that it has allowed people to see that they have many more options. This means that they can consider options such as travelling to Spain to receive help. Medical tourism has grown rapidly in recent years, so it is understandable that those dealing with addiction problems would also consider this option.
- It can be more cost effective to travel to Spain for this type of treatment. The price of a private rehab in the UK has rising dramatically over the last decade, and some people are now deciding to travel abroad as a result. It may be possible to find an equally good facility in this country, but that costs significantly less.
- Giving up an addiction is a significant event in a person’s life – this is a special time. It seems reasonable that the person might want to go through this process in somewhere nice like Spain. The weather here tends to be much nicer than in the UK, and this is another good reason to choose this option. There is no reason for why a person can’t go through rehab in the most ideal environment possible.
- There are some great benefits of going through a rehab facility that offers a high level of comfort. With this type of treatment there will be avoidable and unavoidable discomforts. By choosing a comfortable rehab the individual will be eliminating many of the avoidable discomforts. The individual might never be able to afford a luxury rehab in the UK, but they just might be able to afford the same thing in somewhere like Spain.
- Some people are not going to want their friends and work colleagues to know that they are going into rehab. This may be because they are worried about the stigma involved or they just want to keep this treatment private. By travelling abroad the person will find it much easier to protect their anonymity. In most cases they won’t even have to use their real name in rehab. The person can just tell their friends that they are going on holiday, and they may come back with a tan to prove it.
- It is sometimes claimed that people struggle to think differently when they are stuck in their usual environment. By leaving this environment, and going somewhere different, the person may be able to get a new perspective on things. By going to Spain for rehab the individual will be emphasising to their psyche that this is a fresh start, and that the future is full of exciting possibilities.
- Those UK citizens who are already staying in Spain will usually find that it makes more sense for them to get treatment there.
- There may be options available in Spain that are not available in the UK. There are now many different approaches to addiction, and it is best if the individual finds the one that is most similar to their worldview. In order to find this “best fit” the individual may need to travel somewhere like Spain.
How to Get the Most out of a Spanish Rehab
If the individual decides to travel to Spain in order to enter rehab they may well be making a very good choice. It is crucial though, that the person understands that even the best rehab in the world will not be able to help them unless they approach things the right way. In order to get the most from this type of treatment program it will be necessary to:
- The person should enter this facility with the intention of doing whatever it takes to achieve lasting sobriety. The individual should have no reservations about doing what needs to be done. If the person is willing to do whatever it takes there will be on way that they can fail.
- Entering rehab means taking a leap of faith. It means trusting that those who are working in this facility know what they are doing. The individual will not be expected to just blindly do whatever they are told, but they do need to consider every suggestion in good faith. It can often be the suggestion that the individual feels most resistant against that they most need to take on board.
- The individual needs to develop a beginner’s mind. This means that they are able to put away all their preconceived notions and ideas. If the person is too caught up in their own ideas and opinions it will be impossible for them to learn something new. The individual needs to keep in mind that it will have been their thinking that led them into addiction in the first place.
- The person has to have a sense of urgency when they enter this type of program. They will only have a limited amount of time to pick up the substantial knowledge and skills that they are going to need to make their future better. This sense of urgency does not mean that the person should not have fun in rehab (they need to have fun), but it does mean that the person should keep their eye on the prize.
How We Can Help You Find Your Best Rehab Options
If you are serious about breaking away from addiction for good we will be able to help you accomplish this. One of the problems that people will have when they make the decision to quit is choosing the right rehab. The problem is that there are just so many options available. It would be easier if there was just one approach that worked for everyone, but this is clearly not the case. This is why you will be able to benefit from our advice. We will be able to discuss your options with you and encourage you to find the one that is most likely to work for you. So contact us right away and together we will find your path away from the suffering of addiction.
Rehabs In Spain
Addiction Detox & Rehab Centre in Spain
A clinic set in southern Spain’s Malaga province in the stunning region of Lake Vinuela. Accommodation overlooks the surrounding countryside, and is comfortable and tranquil.