Rehab Clinics in Wales
Choose the Right Addiction Treatment Centre in Wales
There is a good selection of treatment facilities in Wales and these will be able to help people break away from addiction problems. These rehabs have an excellent reputation, and they attract people from elsewhere in the UK as well as from all over the world. It is important to understand, though, that these facilities will differ in the type of program they offer and in what clients can expect during their stay. There is no one approach that seems to work for everyone, so choosing the right rehab for you can be an important first step to ending addiction problems.
What to Look For When Choosing a Welsh Rehab
Here are just a few of the questions you might want to be asking when choosing a rehab in Wales:
• What is the length of the programme? The shortest first stage programmes can be about 10 days, but there are also multi stage programmes that can last as long as two years. There is some evidence that suggests the longer the programme the more likely it is to lead to long term sobriety.
• What type of client is the facility used to dealing with? Some facilities will aim their programme at a particular group of clients – for example, it might be a female only programme.
• Does the facility deal with clients who have complex needs? If you are dealing with a dual diagnosis (this is where you have a mental health problem such as anxiety disorder alongside your addiction), you will want a facility that will be able to meet your requirements.
• Will it be possible to go through detox at the facility? Some programmes will expect that you have undergone detox elsewhere before you arrive.
• Will there be suitable aftercare following rehab? This is one of the most important questions that you will want to be asking. If there is not suitable aftercare, it could mean that all the good work of rehab will quickly become undone once you return home.
• Can I use the Welsh language during my stay? Some people will feel more comfortable communicating in the Welsh language, and there will be facilities where it will be possible to go through the programme using the local language.
• What is the success rate for this programme? There are no guarantees, but the completion rates for the facility can give a rough idea about the effectiveness of the programme.
There are many addiction rehabs to choose from in Wales, so feel free to use our search bar to check out your options. You can also just browse the featured rehabs that are highlighted below.